Housing for the over 55s
Retirement living with support when you need it
For older people we have a range of impressive, affordable rented housing. This includes apartments on specially designed schemes. These schemes provide secure accommodation with the added bonus of an active social life.
The benefits of living in retirement housing are many and include:
- Having your own front door and independence
- Company when wanted, privacy when it isn't
- Opportunities to join with others and share your skills in activities
- A sense of security and peace of mind
- Remaining part of the community
- Good quality housing
- A 'home for life' wherever possible with care and support adjusted to changing need.
Each Scheme has a Supported Housing Officer attached to it, who can offer you the following support should you need it:
- Help and advice about life in a retirement scheme
- Help and advice about money matters and benefits
- Support with contacting Social Services, health and other organisations should you need additional support or care.
Many of our apartments and bungalows:
- are fully self-contained with kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and living room
- are fitted with a 24 hour emergency alarm system
- have central heating fitted throughout
- have their own front door, connected to a door entry system and closed circuit tv
- have access to digital tv
- have clear rents and service charges allowing you to budget accurately
- have rents eligible for Housing Benefit according to your circumstances
- are covered by a 365 day, 24hr emergency alarm system and there is a non resident Supported Living Co-ordinator.
All developments have a range of facilities such as laundry, hairdressing salon, guest flat, car parking and residents' lounge.
A range of social activities are often organised by residents. You can join in with these as you wish.
To view details of our schemes please click here