Call us: 01785 312000

Moving Home

Applying for Housing

South Staffordshire Housing Association has launched a new interactive website for people looking for affordable housing for rent in Staffordshire and other areas.

The website gives potential customers the option to see available properties with a photo, map and feature details all at the touch of a button, at a time that suits them.

By simply logging on, you are now able to apply online and if accepted onto the list, you will be placed into one of three bands – gold, silver or bronze. Following this you can click a button to express an interest in the property that suits you and the applicant in the highest band who has been on the list the longest will be offered the property.


Our Tenants Wishing to Move Home

If you wish to move home there are a number of options available.


If you have lived in one of our properties for two years or more, have no arrears and pass our inspection, you will be eligable for a transfer. If you would like to move to another property owned by us, you will need to complete a housing application form. Our My Homefinder website gives you details of the properties that we have available each week and you can express an interest for the property that best suits your needs.

My Homefinder website

Mutual Exchanges

A mutual exchange is a great way to move house. You simply swap your property with another tenant through an assignment of tenancy so you don't need to apply through our My Homefinder waiting list.

SSHA has now phased out its own mutual exchange scheme and replaced it with a new service provided by HomeSwapper. The HomeSwapper service holds details of mutual exchanges within South Staffordshire as well as details of those wishing to move here from outside the district.

We have funded this service to enable our tenants to register FREE of charge. Registration can be carried out via the internet at www.HomeSwapper.co.uk. Once you have registered, you will be able to pop on line and view matches as well as HomeSwapper emailing you at regular intervals with details of suitable exchange partners.

Ending your Tenancy

If you are moving to a new home you will need to formally end your tenancy. This must be in writing and signed by each person that signed your tenancy agreement. You must give us 4 weeks notice that you intend to end your tenancy and even if you move out before, you will be responsible for the rent for those 4 weeks. It is therefore important that you plan ahead.

Shared Ownership

Shared ownership or Homebuy is a way of helping people on low incomes to get on the housing ladder. Through the scheme you can buy a share of between 25% and 75% of a property and pay a rent on the remaining share you do not own.

Shared Ownership

Myhomefinder logo
Home Swapper