Call us: 01785 312000

Property to part buy - part rent

If you would like to own your own home, but cannot afford to buy on the open market, shared ownership could be for you. Shared ownership allows you to buy a share of a property and pay rent for the remainder.

You may need to take out a mortgage to purchase a share in the property, but the rental element is based on 2.5% of the remaining share and therefore the total monthly amount normally works out at considerably less than you would have to pay on a mortgage for the whole property.


On a 2 bedroom flat which would cost £125,000 on the open market, if you purchased a 40% share with a full mortgage you would pay £292.30 for the mortgage repayments, but only £156.25 rent on the remaining 60% share (plus service charges). This would therefore be affordable for a single person earning only £16,641.

Properties currently available:

  • Old School Court
  • Coming soon: Cherry Tree Lane, Bilbrook. Ready to be reserved off plan now, 3 x 2 bedroom houses.
  • Coming in 2018: Armitage Road, Rugeley. 2 x 2 bedroom houses, to register your interest or for more information on shared ownership property please email  Gail.Beddow@housingplusgroup.co.uk

Coming to Penkridge in 2017

  • Shared ownership apartments in new, high quality retirement living complex for people aged over 55. Anticipated completion date September 2017.
    For more information and to register your expression of interest please call  Gail Beddow – 01785 312213 or Email -  gail.beddow@housing-plus.co.uk

You can also visit Orbit Help to Buy Agent's website for details of all shared ownership schemes across the West Midlands.

Orbit Help to Buy Agent

To apply please download both application forms: