Report a Repair
To report a repair, contact our customer service team on
0800 096 8690 or if calling from a mobile, dial 01785 312000.
Emergency repairs should only ever be reported by phone.
Other types of repairs can be reported by phone or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsive repairs are prioritised as Emergency or Other Repairs.
Emergency Repairs are situations which are uncontrollable and where life, serious injury or damage to persons or property is threatened.
If gas, electricity or water is the problem, act quickly. Contact your supplier immediately.
The following are examples of Emergency Repairs, for which we aim to provide a 4 hour rapid response:
- Total loss of heating and/or hot water during the period between 1st November and 31st March, or at any time throughout the year for those with medical or health conditions.
- Major flooding from burst pipes / drainage
- Total loss of, or major fault with, electricity supply or unsafe electric fittings
- Gas leak
- Total loss of water
- Blocked mains drains, soil pipe or sole WC
- Failure of lift/warden alarm/call system
- Roof leaks resulting in serious internal flooding
- Plumbing leaks that cannot be contained
- External doors not closing or locking
- Breaches of security to external doors or windows
- Failure of fire management system
- Sole or only accessible WC not flushing
- Removal of racially or other offensive graffiti
- Damaged communal floor covering presenting immediate trip hazard
- Failure of door entry system (where this is the only access for elderly and disabled customers).
For all other repairs we will make an appointment with you to suit the situation. Examples of other repairs include:
- Plumbing leaks or defects
- Blocked drains, sinks, basins, bath or toilet, not caused by inappropriate use.
- Defective cistern or overflow
- Minor electrical and plumbing faults
- Roof leaks
- Failure of entry phone
- Removal of graffiti
- Faulty extractor fan/communal TV aerial
- Damage to stair treads, hand rails or banister
- General joinery repairs
- Repairs to doors, floors, windows, external and internal walls, paths and fences bordering roads and footpaths, slates and tiles and defective flooring
- Repairs to and unblocking of gutters/down pipes
- Repairs to kitchen fittings and tiling
- Easing doors and windows
For a more comprehensive list of Responsive Repairs, please click here to view our Responsive Repairs Policy.
Our Guide to Repairs and Maintenance contains further useful information about the repairs service including:
- Who does the work?
- Planned and regular maintenance
- Resolving repairs faults
- Gas servicing and maintenance
- Charging for repairs
- Who is responsible for decorating my home?
- What type of decoration do I need permission for?
- Code of conduct for contractors
To download a copy of our Repairs and Maintenance guide click on the link below.