- About Us
- Looking for a new home
- Resident Zone
- Customer Engagement
- Home Owners Area
- Compliments and Complaints
Bilbrook is a large village five miles to the North West of the City Of Wolverhampton. Although there has been quite a lot of development over the last decade, Bilbrook retains most of its rural character and is surrounded by the beautiful countryside of Staffordshire.
Prior to the 1850s Bilbrook was a small farming village. Then, in the 1850s the Railway came, joining Wolverhampton and Shrewsbury. At first the railway stopped only at Codsall. Birches Bridge and Bilbrook gained a halt in 1934 and the area really started to develop.
The major development of Bilbrook occurred in the 1930s. The Post Office was built in the early 1930s, along with the Chemist, and then the village exploded following the arrival of the Boulton & Paul aircraft works from Ipswich in 1936. The village was flooded with Norwich workers whose arrival lead to the building of a large housing estate.
Bilbrook has a wide range of local shops and schools, a pub, a restaurant and there are clubs in the village and church halls.