Huntington consists of approximately 1,303 acres situated on both sides of the A34 trunk road between Cemetery Road in the south and Pottal Pool in the north. This is made up of 4 main housing estates with a mix of private and various housing associations.
The Littleton Colliery had its first shaft sunk in 1877 by the Cannock and Huntington Colliery Company, but ran into serious problems with water and was abandoned for sixteen years, collapsing in about 1881. In 1897 Lord Hatherton reopened the site and sunk a new shaft, this colliery was worked until the mid 90's and by 1954 was the largest in the Cannock coalfield. The present industry is all light industry and has its centre in Cocksparrow Lane.
The village has a thriving community centre, a youth club, one pub, a members club and two restaurants. A health facility is actively being sought for the future. There is an active WI group held in the community centre. The nearest libraries are at Cannock or the weekly mobile.
There are 3 shops in the village, one being the post office. There are moves within the parish to modernise the recreation ground. The other notable area is the Huntington Leisure Park this is the large conical mound which is in Cocksparrow Lane and can be walked all the way to the top by way of a well laid path the view from the top which is 300 ft above ground is very good in all directions.