Call us on

Home » My Home » Home Owners » Building insurance

Building insurance

SSHA is responsible for insuring the structure of the building up to its full reinstatement value.

Under the terms of the lease we are entitled to recover the cost of the annual premiums from you. This cost is included in your service charge invoice. Please note that it is a condition of your lease that you have this insurance.  Please note that it is a condition of your lease that you have this insurance. Your property is insured from December to November of each financial year, regardless of when you are recharged the premiums.

You can take a look at our building insurance summary of cover for 2019-20

WE DO NOT insure the contents of your home. Neither do we insure your belongings or decorations against accidents or theft that are not caused by our negligence.

We therefore, strongly advise you to take out your own contents insurance which should also cover you against loss, theft or damage caused by you or your property (e.g. leaking washing machine) to other people’s property or belongings.

We also recommend that you consider taking out insurance/maintenance agreements for the services in your property, for example, plumbing, electrics, boilers, etc.

For further information please contact our customer service team and ask to speak to our insurance team.

Tel:     01785 312000


More Information