Call us on

Home » My Home » My Tenancy » Lodgers and sub-letting

Lodgers and sub-letting

You can take in lodgers subject to statutory overcrowding and you can also sub-let part of the property, provided that you have prior written permission from SSHA.

Guide to taking a lodger

Changes to benefits as part of the Welfare Reform Act continue to have a signification impact on many people.

One of the biggest changes was the introduction of ‘Bedroom Tax’ which reduces housing benefit if you have spare bedrooms in your home.

The Government advises people to consider the option of taking in a lodger. Below, we explain what you should think about before taking in a lodger and how it may affect you or your family.